The Regional Director Field Marketing AMER is responsible for leading the Field Marketing Team, strategizing, developing and executing regionally and sector-focused end-to-end marketing strategies that drive business results within the Americas region. You will deploy the global marketing strategy in line with the business objectives across regions, to develop marketing strategies and programs that support achieving long-term profitable growth for the company.
The Regional Director Field Marketing AMER will work hand-in-hand with HQ corporate marketing teams to support roll-out of corporate campaigns across the regions and is responsible for ensuring consistency in the corporate brand, messaging and identity at a regional level. You will act as a thought leader for marketing, taking issues and ideas to internal stakeholders proactively.
This position reports to the WW Director Channel & Field Marketing at WatchGuard and sits in the Seattle, Washington office.
- Manage the AMER region and direct reports based on approved strategies. Develop field marketing plans for improving channel health/growth, sales and profitability
- Create and implement an integrated marketing plan that starts with a clear view of regional segmentation, an alignment with sales strategy and a solid understanding of the market trends within specific product lines and customer market segments.
- Develop the AMER marketing strategy and quarterly plans with sales leaders and top partners to build awareness and achieve pipeline goals that support the business growth in the region.
- Partner with the global programs team and local Field Marketing Managers to align, influence and customize campaigns to ensure regional fit and execution.
- Work with the local Field Marketing Managers to develop and implement tactical marketing programs in conjunction with Sales, Channels, Product Marketing, Product Management, and external influencers such as user groups and industry trade associations.
- Set goals for the Field Marketing Managers (MBO program) with a focus of meeting (and exceeding) quarterly sales quotas.
- Set goals and track lead flow to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up and accurately
- Recommend innovative and creative marketing approaches for revenue growth.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on channel and field marketing programs regularly to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Act as a liaison by working with all aspects of the business to create and measure effective programs and promotions for channel
- Drive continuous improvement in a premiere Marketing organization
- Concise and accurate budget management across the region
- Work with Channel/Field Marketing and Sales Management to reach agreement on budget for the year, quarterly program spending, and objectives.
- Responsibility for planning and reporting of marketing budget, accrual and expenditure within region
- Ownership, management and reporting of MDF/Coop spend based on local channel business scheme
- Review and gain approval for all expenditure plans on a quarterly basis from management
- Support of accounting practices and requirements to insure accurate and timely vendor management
- Partner with the AMER PR team and PR agencies to align, influence and execute PR and social media activities across the region.
- Manage team to develop local success stories providing content for formal case study creation. Follow appropriate process management
- Proficiency in social media tools. Ability to convert corporate messaging to social messages on time and on track
- Responsible for downstream communication to the WatchGuard sales force and reseller community on channel strategy, product, and promotion
- Blog post regularly through internal system on activities amongst the team
- Assist in writing & editing of Partner News –ensure appropriate content for regional market
- Report on regional competitive activity with respect to sales, programs, promotions, and advertising
- Determine key shows appropriate for high level lead generation and opportunity.
- Negotiate pricing and terms including additional marketing opportunities along with regional team
- Working closely with local partners & sales managers to support the appropriate local shows with event materials, presentations, and content
- Develop repeatable end user lead generation activities including roadshows and sponsorships with measureable results.
- Partner with AMER sales and Channel teams to expand the channel marketing practice across AMER with an emphasis of marketing “to” and marketing “through” programs.
- Participate in the creation of channel partner initiatives.
- Quarterly management of any and all channel programs and budgets with local Sales team
- Initiate programs to help develop existing WatchGuardONE partners; support co-marketing activities. Promote the effective use of turnkey marketing campaigns throughout the assigned region
- Assist sales team in the development of actionable, measurable programs for the recruitment of new resellers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong project and people management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to travel up to 50% when required
- BA/BS degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in a channel/field marketing role (5 years hands on and 5 years management of team)
- Experience developing direct marketing and lead generation programs, with in depth
- Experience developing and implementing field marketing plans that include measurements of success.
- Experience with database management and CRM systems.
Why Work For WatchGuard?
At WatchGuard we create smart security, simply done. We’re a leader in building cyber security hardware, wireless, and cloud solutions that protect small and midsize businesses, and distributed enterprises worldwide. Our award-winning network security solutions provide layered, enterprise-grade protection that is easy to deploy and manage. Whether you are an industry veteran, or at the beginning of your career, now is an amazing time to work in the security industry, and there’s never been a better time to be at WatchGuard.
We love solving the industry’s toughest challenges, and our innovation keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers, which has fueled record revenues. We’re heavily reinvesting in the company, and driving rapid acceleration across all aspects of our business. As a result, our employee base has nearly doubled in the last three years, organically and through acquisition.
Our company culture places intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you'll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our core values: accountability, passion for success, community building, and maintaining a customer focus in all things.
WatchGuard Technologies is privately backed by equity firms Vector Capital and Francisco Partners, and has headquarters in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
WatchGuard participates in E-verify