About the Position
The WatchGuard IT Operations team is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to build, monitor, and improve our Azure-based infrastructure. You will work closely with the IT Development team to provide highly available services in a hybrid cloud environment. You must be a dedicated team player with an attitude to proactively monitor and improve end-to-end system performance, enhance security, identify bottlenecks, and potential failures throughout our infrastructure. This position will be critical in the growth of our cloud infrastructure, promoting the use of automation and CI/CD throughout the environment.
- Manage the availability, scalability, and performance of corporate and customer facing platforms utilizing Azure IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS offerings
- Build deployment, management, and monitoring systems using infrastructure as code tools and techniques
- Implement zero-downtime production pushes and provide delightful customer support for production applications and infrastructure
- Diagnose and repair application bottlenecks
- Test and tune network, hardware, and cloud infrastructure configurations to maximize availability and performance
- Cross-train team members and document processes and procedures as they are created
Skills and Qualifications
- Sound knowledge of large-scale internet service architectures and cloud computing fundamentals
- Must posses concrete knowledge in AKS or Kubernetes, APM such as Splunk New Relic or equivalent, as well as deployment strategies and infrastructure
- Comfortable with scaling production systems and technologies, including load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management
- Python and Powershell scripting
- Comfortable working in a high-paced agile development environment using tools such as Git, JIRA, and Jenkins
- Ability to pivot and gracefully and react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice while delivering on time and on budget
- Can quickly learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting and performance optimization skills
- Strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to balance contending priorities while working alone or on a team
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- You’re a people person! You should be driven to solve people’s problems
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience with build processes in Microsoft's proprietary systems
- Experience with managing an on-premise VMWare environment
- Experience planning, deploying, and running various types of Microsoft Azure infrastructure (Traffic Manager, Azure Storage, Azure VM’s, Virtual Networks, AKS, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps configuration management tools (Ansible, Helm)
- Experience using open source logging/monitoring tools (ELK stack, Graphite, Grafana, Nagios, Prometheus, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/Unix system administration
- Ideal candidate has a previous background in software development or systems administration
Why Work for WatchGuard?
At WatchGuard we create smart security, simply done. We’re a leader in building cyber security hardware, wireless, and cloud solutions that protect small and midsize businesses, and distributed enterprises worldwide. Our award-winning network security solutions provide layered, enterprise-grade protection that is easy to deploy and manage. Whether you are an industry veteran, or at the beginning of your career, now is an amazing time to work in the security industry, and there’s never been a better time to be at WatchGuard.
We love solving the industry’s toughest challenges, and our innovation keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers, which has fueled record revenues. We’re heavily reinvesting in the company, and driving rapid acceleration across all aspects of our business. As a result, our employee base has nearly doubled in the last three years, organically and through acquisition.
Our company culture places intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you'll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our core values: accountability, passion for success, community building, and maintaining a customer focus in all things.
WatchGuard Technologies is privately backed by equity firms Vector Capital and Francisco Partners, and has headquarters in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
WatchGuard participates in E-verify